AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed Monitoring Ag Leader Incommand 1200
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 2/10/2019 09:33 (#7310695 - in reply to #7310648)
Subject: RE: Seed Monitoring Ag Leader Incommand 1200

East Central, Nebraska
i would argue that it doesn't improve your planting.

when i went from the kinze module to the seed tube module i put on new sensors. this was before wave visions but they were brand new sensors. the meters were set they way they had been in previous years and how the book said they should be. These were kinze edgevac meters with an adjustable singulator brush by the way. anyhow i would change these settings accross the planter to the same setting just like the kinze book said. did this for years. i assumed it worked fine because with the kinze module it gave me an average, and the average was what i was shooting for. i even would take the time while planting to analyze each row to and everything seemed pretty average. after installing the seed tube module and new sensors i could not believe what i was seeing. i had every row tuned to the way it needed to be for maximum singulation. shortly after i set the meters the new sensors started getting dirty and then the information became worthless again which is why last year i decided to make the move to wavevisions. they take the dirty seed tube eye out of the equation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)