AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sanford Profile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

KRM
Posted 4/13/2018 10:01 (#6706127 - in reply to #6703730)
Subject: RE: Sanford Profile

NC Kansas
I looked up the Sanford profile thing and its probably fine, but I don't like the ones that have their own food that's supposed to be yummy yet good for you.
Everything you need to lose weight is right in front of you and easy/cheap to access. If you can cut out ALL sugar and limit carbs for a few months you will lose weight. If you like bacon/sausage and eggs have that for breakfast... no toast no hash browns. Mix in a little fruit, but again, fruit contains a lot of sugar so don't over do it. Veggies are great. Try sweet potatoes. Not that they are going to replace regular potatoes, but they can be made quite tasty. Hard boil eggs, hard cheeses, beef sticks, jerky, summer sausage, any veggie you can stomach. Just fill yourself with all that. Quickest way to lose weight and get used to eating better. If you have to have a sandwich, use a tortilla to wrap or whole wheat bread to limit the amount carbs. If you have to have pizza make it thin crust. Burger with out the bun, plenty of steak/pork chop type stuff but don't drown it in bbq sauce or ketchup (too much sugar).

I guess the point is, if your like most farmers, bacon and eggs and steak is easy to do, might be harder for your wife.
Consult your doctor, as it sounds like I'm recommending a heart attack by the food I'm suggesting, but my Dr. said typically she sees cholesterol drop when people switch to a high protein diet.

Stuff to avoid at all costs... break fast cereal, snack crackers/mixes like cheez-its and chex-mix, potato chips and the like.

Remember Fat is good, sugar is bad. Fat fills you up and gives you what energy you need to get through the day and not feel hungry, sugar and carbs just make you long for more, which screws up your liver and makes you store fat.

Gotta quit soda all together, Diet has fewer calories, but the fake sugar still tricks your liver into storing fat. And I fry all my eggs in real butter, not margarine.

I sound preachy but this worked for me and I don't really take much time to exercise other than daily farm stuff. I'm not perfect and have put 10 lbs back on since thanksgiving this year and need to follow my own rules better, I just wanted to share my experiences.

Edited by KRM 4/13/2018 10:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)