AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Murders up, sexual hurasment of women (me to),2 parents chain 13 children in house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 1/18/2018 10:31 (#6514179 - in reply to #6513813)
Subject: RE: Murders up, sexual hurasment of women (me to),2 parents chain 13 children in house

East central Iowa

Desk Jockey - 1/18/2018 08:11
Chris - 1/18/2018 09:05

Desk Jockey - 1/18/2018 06:26 Yes. It's time to finally learn from our failures and move on. You can not control others, only yourself.

Based on that assumption we can do away with all our laws.

Please explain what laws men have invented have stopped people from breaking that law. Prohibition? War on drugs? Theft? Murder? Laws mean nothing, and only exist to punish after the fact. Making the statement "get rid of all laws" is a cheap way to avoid the reality of such a position.

All you've done is reinforce your position that we should get rid of all laws.  You don't believe they work.

Do you honestly believe that or are you just taking a position?  I'm certain that a lot of things would be different if there were no laws.  A trip to certain countries where murder and theft are rampant because there are no laws and no enforcement might change some of your position. 

For example, many people speed but not many go far over the limit.  If there were no limits (laws) it would be like the Autobahn except filled with drivers that were incapable of handling those speeds.  Or how long would a business last where there were no laws against theft?  I know that some people steal now but if theft was no longer defined how many would take things.  A society is defined by its laws, not by its law breakers. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)