AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When the dicamba controversy settles out...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 7/21/2017 21:09 (#6141120 - in reply to #6140988)
Subject: RE: When the dicamba controversy settles out...

Leesburg, Ohio
Von, I did not "proceed as usual." Although I did not talk to "all" my neighbors, I did talk to the ones who had beans adjacent to mine, and in fact, we planned to plant Xtend beans in adjoining fields so we would be able to spray the new products when they became available, with less concern about movement.

I did not spray Engenia on very many acres, mostly because we had fairly good results with our normal program (which includes dicamba and 2,4D in the fall after harvest on corn and bean acres). I did use it to make a pass or two next to fence rows/property lines where we always have trouble with giant rag escapes. IT WORKED well. And our non-Xtend beans a few feet away had ZERO DAMAGE after three weeks.

(Oooops...am I "patting myself on the back" here???? Sorry. Just stating results.)

I would have used the new formulations for burndown, in place of 2,4-D if it had been labeled soon enough. I think that is where the new products could shine...that would eliminate the 7 day waiting period to plant beans after 2,4-D.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)