AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When the dicamba controversy settles out...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

k5430
Posted 7/21/2017 23:06 (#6141356 - in reply to #6140724)
Subject: RE: When the dicamba controversy settles out...

This issue goes beyond soybean production. Every dicamba product has a level of volatility. These dicamba products are being sprayed later in the year when the weather is much warmer till about late July. Thus dicamba is being released and vaporizing when other areas of ag production are producing their product like vegetable and fruit production. The wine industry has to be extremely worried about this as well. This vaporization has the ability to drift into the towns in our neighborhood. Potentially killing sensitive shade trees as well as fruit trees. Remember this isn't just one exposure or event to a non extend field or to a town but multiple exposures or drifts because these dicamba products have been sprayed for the majority of the summer. At different times during the summer. It can drift for several miles. I've had every field of my liberty beans exposed to some level of dicamba. Even my farmstead has. I can see leaf curling on my shade trees. My garden doesn't seem to be producing like it should. I think Monsanto has created a monster in extend beans and it's time the monster gets put back in it's cage. Time to ban dicamba from june till late September.

Good article to read on how this goes beyond soybean production :http://agfax.com/2017/04/06/dicamba-and-24-d-sensitive-crops-fall-into-these-4-categories-dtn/

Edited by k5430 7/21/2017 23:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)