AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When the dicamba controversy settles out...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 7/22/2017 09:22 (#6141815 - in reply to #6141605)
Subject: RE: When the dicamba controversy settles out...

Leesburg, Ohio
Well, doathlon, you would be wrong about that. I really don't know how you could make such an assumption about the experience of someone you do not know at all. I have been around and used dicamba all my farming life, starting in the 1960's when the product was introduced. I have seen it used by my father in July every summer growing up, in corn that was hood high on a John Deere 60 with 55 gallon drums on the back for sprayer tanks. I have seen beans crinkled severely, but rarely, and have seen those same beans come back and make a normal yield. And believe it or not, they yielded normally every time. I guess we were extremely lucky? Maybe, maybe not.

So, you are also wrong about this being uncharted territory. Been here many times. Just never have seen the amount of hysteria before, with so many going absolutely crazy over it.

Again, I do not doubt that people have seen significant damage. And I have never once suggested that it be ignored. What I am saying is let's dial back the hysteria and the huge jumps to premature conclusions, see what the end effect really is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)