AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spring Wheat vs Soybeans.. what gives?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 6/22/2017 06:53 (#6083612 - in reply to #6082383)
Subject: Bingo.

Jon why don't you get long beans and short spring wheat? You have made a perfect case for it with your very informed post**

pretty much I am.. that's exactly what I believe is gonna happen.

Bean Acres..

Ks +950 k
ND +850 k
SD +200 k

together we added 2 myn acres of Fringe beans..

and it came from Wheat..

Ks down 1,000 k
Dakota's similar..

Our wheat crop.. depends upon where you are.. Western Ks had a beau coup crop last year.. this year between the snow.. etc.. now mosaic it may be challenged..  the BIG question for W Ks is does it have protein?

NO DOUBT.. I believe they will find more protein out there this year vs Last..  now I didn't say HRS Wht level protein but "enough" to make things work..

HRW has been pulled up with HRS.. the basis down here firmed to a point but maybe now is starting to slide...???  As we slip below $4.00 cash guys are gonna sell.. and that could hold things in check..  I don't know what it'll do to HRS.. but HRW could pull back $0.10..$0.15.. maybe $0.25 here as guys start to finish up.. come in.. and pay bills.

Flip side.. as the weather wears on the Beans.. In 11% poor to VP.. some of these beans mudded in.. If the hurricane comes up.. maybe it helps them out.. but out here on the fringe..   We're gonna get a BEARISH reaction.. probably to HUGE Bean acres.. then a smaller yield as we realize it's FRINGE Bean acres.. throw in some summer fireworks..

.. and yes.

I believe beans have more upside.. from here.. than wheat.

later.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)