AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK.............Strip till, etc?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 8/21/2006 00:37 (#37569 - in reply to #37560)
Subject: Re: RTK.............Strip till, etc?

NE SD
Bluffman and Ron,

I had considered Trimble as a source of a third autosteer rig. We already have three JD recievers, and two JD autosteer cards. The big thing that has caused us to stick with JD is that almost all of our equipment is green, AMS stuff works well with JD factory equipment, and we have an excellent AMS person at a nearby dealership. I see now that Trimble has the ability to use factory installed JD autosteer components so that puts them back into my mind.

We are currently running a 60' 36r20" planter on almost all of our acres. My uncle does do some seeding for us with his 42' air seeder. I will probably by purchasing the strip till bar as I am going to try to make a small business out of it......or at least try. We are going to swap our planter for a 24 row.....and probably a new GS monitor but we'll see. 16 or 24 row strip till(haven't made up my mind yet), 90' sprayer, 35' flex heads and 30' corn head. We've thought about controlled traffic, 30' equipment is just too narrow. It would require more manpower and another planting outfit, etc. Something we are trying to get away from.

I am unsure of which omnistar signal that means I guess but it would be the one that is more accurate and comparable to SF2. I am going to dig into this RTN deal tomorrow morning. AMS guy was on vacation last week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)