AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK.............Strip till, etc?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 8/20/2006 20:41 (#37488)
Subject: RTK.............Strip till, etc?

NE SD
Who all here is using RTK? What do you think of it? Deere's RTK in particular. The radius appears to be about 6 miles........is there any way of making it farther than that? Often times in the spring of the year our outfits may be spread out 15 miles from each other. In the fall, it may be even farther with the combines and this planned strip till rig doing custom work. A year ago we were invited to an RDO meeting about installing towers in this area but we weren't interested so we never attended.

Is SF2 accurate enough to do strip till work in our flat ground here? I've been told that planters prefer to follow the mellow strips? What concerns me somewhat is doing custom work. Will customers with Omnistar be able to follow the SF2 laid strips or will there be too much variance between the two? This is one of the reasons we are eying a toolbar that will run 24 rows or 16 rows.

Can you come back in with a self propelled sprayer and spray using autosteer into 30" rows that were planted with RTK? My cousin is doing it with SF2 but the way it sounds he spends a lot of time "bumping" the guidance line from side to side. I plan on talking to the AMS salesman in the morning and giving him the logistics and seeing what he can do but I thought maybe some here could offer some insight.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)