AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looks like I'm going one step beyond the lowest cost rtk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 6/25/2008 19:31 (#404424 - in reply to #404185)
Subject: errrrrr.... put the brakes on again. glad I asked

Well, the Outback salesman has been certainly strait forward about everything and seems to think I would be satisfied even though I'm putting down 5 row strips, planting 12 and harvesting 8 (to me this a guess row carnival). I'm a little less sure after talking to the mojo people. That salesman stated the single channnel systems like the outback would give accuracy about the same as omnistar hp 4-6 inches. Now I'm concerned that this might be a little too high for all the guess rows I'll have to deal with per planter pass.

The question I had for all the salesman is "will perform any better than driving with markers?". They both say yes, but I suppose it depends on how well I follow the mark in varying field conditions. Now, I'm back to thinking about the Mojo with my ez steer/T2. One of the nice things about this system is that ezsteers are available used if I want to set up a 2nd tractor (I'd also have to buy another $7000 mojo console - mo money mo money). The mojo folks also thought they would have compatility with trimbles hydraulics by next spring which may be an option at some point.

Now at this point I'm leaning towards calling the bank, getting a short term loan and buying the mojo then take advantage of the 8n8 warranty. The mojo guy thought sticking the mojo in my sprayer would be a great test for it (the gallenberg with the boom weight nearing the chassis weight - steering inputs can start it into a yaw cycle, but the mojo guy thought his system could deal with this.) After that it would be to setup my manure tractor (7140) and hope for good enough weather to get done using just one tractor.

Thanks again,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)