AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looks like I'm going one step beyond the lowest cost rtk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 6/25/2008 09:38 (#404185)
Subject: Looks like I'm going one step beyond the lowest cost rtk

I'm not sure I'm going way up in accuracy, but I decided it would be best to use a hydraulic control instead of a steering wheel for my use. Outback had a pretty good deal on a setup for my manure application tractor (S3, e-drive, baseline) and I'm buying an extra e-drive hydraulic unit that would go in the planter tractor (7140, 7110 respectively). I really appreciate all the input from the last post, and it made me think a little more about my goals and some of the struggles I've had getting the ez steer to work well in my sprayer (a sprayer with large heavy booms does present some special challenges to keep down oscillations though - maybe for any steering system including me).

I'm waiting to hear back on any financing deals they might have (thru agco probably), but is there any big reason not to go with outback? As much as I really liked the mojo concept, I think I'd end up spending more than the outback if I added the hydrualic system. The outback rep did seem to indicate that this system would not quite be as good as the trimble or JD since they use the omnistar sats even in their rtk system. However, the outback literature states their rtk is sub inch like the others are advertised as. I'm I understanding this correctly?

Thanks,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)