AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

a father protecting his child.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 7/19/2014 01:27 (#3975100 - in reply to #3975091)
Subject: RE: a father protecting his child.

Southeast Wyoming

Ben D, N CA - 7/18/2014 23:54
Gary Lyon - 7/18/2014 21:35 Where does it stop?
Well, it says he caught the guy in the act of abusing his son. As a parent, I'd say if I found someone abusing my child, it would stop right there. Permanently. I'd say there are very few parents who could refrain from doing exactly what this father did. If that makes us Godless and irresponsible? Well, I don't think so. But we will all be judged, and I wouldn't loose sleep over that one if it was me.

Ben, I expect many others to take things out of context and read something into it that was not said or suggested.  I didn't expect that from you.

When fathers raise their children to have no respect for others, for laws or values (as some here surely raise their children by the example they set here on NAT) then why wouldn't abuse be "normal and acceptable"?  Actually I think it is today in some parts of OUR culture.  People come here on NAT on a regular basis defending immoral behavior.

So my question is "Where does it stop?"   I'm sure my reaction to those circumstances would have been at least as violent as the reaction of the father of the child.

The problem I see is that if it were a boy and a girl, many here on NAT would have just say "boys will be boys".  And some will say that the older boy was just "born" homosexual.   So, will boys still just be boys?

I know that people don't like to have their irresponsibility pointed out to them.  Yeah, I'm the funhater.  I ask you all if this older boy was just having "FUN"?

Enjoy your (not directed at you Ben) FUN as you set the example for honesty and morality which other may follow.  Set a high standard for yourself, you will never teach a higher standard than what you show as your own..

Edited to add:  I see that older boy as possibly the son of any one of a number of posters here on NAT.  In no way do I condone what he did or excuse it except to say he is the product of a immoral and irresponsible society.  IT TAKES A VILLAGE to create that type of environment. 

Edited by Gary Lyon 7/19/2014 01:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)