AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone battling cancer choose not to have chemo or radiation?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jbatmick
Posted 5/23/2014 19:05 (#3884233 - in reply to #3884060)
Subject: RE: Anyone battling cancer choose not to have chemo or radiation?

Hastings, Florida

About 15 years ago, I had colon cancer. They removed portion of my colon, and then we talked about chemo and radiation. I started chemo,went through 26 treatments, one every week for half a year ( every weekly dose was nearly 3 grand ). It was terrible. Absolutely no energy, terrible diarrhea, lost about 30 pounds., but I kept working as much as I could.The cancer doc told me it was my decision whether or not to take it, but he thought chemo was a good idea as a safeguard. I took the chemo as much to learn about how cancer was fought as I did for my health. Glad I took the treatment, rough as it was, very interesting,learned a lot, but it was tough to endure. Radiation was offered, but after listening to my Doc, I refused it. I had been through enough.

There were times I thought about quitting chemo.but then I would think how lucky I was to be getting excellent care, and how good my insurance was. The cancer docs would tell me horror stories of people who were worse than me, and many who had no funds or insurance for treatment.

I do not regret taking chemo, but if it happens again, not sure what I would do.    They told me my cancer was possibly caused by eating my meat well done cooked on my grill, then sitting for long periods of time.Carcinogens in the coal, and charred meat.
Listen to the cancer doctor.Those cats ( most of them )  are smart about   what the outcome will probably be.

Good luck in your decision, I will remember your family in my thoughts. 

Edited by Jbatmick 5/23/2014 19:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)