AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about coops for you big thinkers, for my daughter.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 2/27/2014 08:00 (#3719916 - in reply to #3719873)
Subject: RE: Question about coops for you big thinkers, for my daughter.

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
All I can say is so far I really appreciate our electric co-ops out here. We are very rural, and they are run by local people heavily involved in farming and the rural life. There have been several issues we have had that I know were solved satisfactorily due to the fact of the company being locally owned. I can call the board members at their home with a serious problem.

Our small church building is on a private electric company service and they have horrible high demand charges in the summer. Since we have "commercial" service we have to pay a flat demand charge everymonth in the summer. It doesn't matter that we use 1/2 the electricity my house does, and mostly on the weekends when demand is lower, and we are a non-profit charitable organization. We have to pay it. We may only use 800 kwh of electricity in a month, but the bill will be several hundred dollars.

Now I said all of that because I would think if we were on the co-op we could work something out with a reasonable adjustment of our true demand needs, and what we should pay.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)