AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If "nutrition" was removed from farm bill how many here think
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 11/13/2013 16:16 (#3442325 - in reply to #3441880)
Subject: Re: If "nutrition" was removed from farm bill how many here think

NCND
So government tried to run the farms and failed. That's my take. Anything the government wants to do someone else matter of fact anyone else can do it better.

We continue to hamstring farmers production thru regulations not forcing them off the land. Farming survived without a mandated ethanol program and it would without it.

The ethanol thing is just another way to insure votes from farmers. Wasn't it Ben Nelson who caved on the healthcare deal? He is the reason we are in this mess. He cut all our policies just for a few freebies for his state. The senate is also loaded with people like Harry Reid who I honestly have no clue how he got elected other than by complete stupid people!
How about a dirt bag like chuck shcumer? Who honestly could say anything good about such a piece of garbage??? Or the great bob menendez? Did we ever figure out how many underage prostitutes he slept with on those getaways provided by the scumbag plastic surgeon?

True politicians are there to serve not serve themselves. 90% of senate and house are not great politicians.

The free market became distorted thru ethanol. When they passed that standard it basically said by 2020 we'd have to plant corn on every acre of land in the USA to meet the standards. It was a ridiculous law that was done because we had 100 dollar oil and we were trying to be green. It was the hot topic then for the good now that times have changed its for the bad but it has created a fragile almost false farm economy built on a subsidized new market.

I don't know who to believe wether ethanol is good or bad or both. I see both sides and they are legitimate arguments for and against. Problem is we created all this mess and as usual you can always give but never take back.

There will always be people to farm the land. Current subsidies make mega farms possible as so much risk is eliminated they insurance and government programs. If there wasn't all these guarantees would it be easy to bid up land and goto the bank and ask for a loan? Probably not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)