AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A law to protect Monsanto?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bob freeze
Posted 4/1/2013 08:00 (#3005605 - in reply to #3005498)
Subject: Re: A law to protect Monsanto?

Ed, I see the advantage for Monsanto - that is clear and I have no doubt that it is their influence at work. After reaading sec 733 and parts of sec735 I can also see that there is protection for the farmer who is planting GE seed. As i read it, courts can of course hear cases during the period the legislation is in force, but a court cannot stop the planting of the seed or order the crop destroyed for that period of time. With 90 % (the number I see quoted) of seed being GE I don't see how this is not a protection for both the farmer and the food supply during one planting cycle. After the fact, who knows what the result of court actions could be. As i read the comments, it appears that some others see the same intent in the legislation. This issue has certainly given the faction of the general public who beleive that farmers are poisoning them in a grand plan with Monsanto something else to talk about. At my stage in life i really don't have a "dog in the hunt", but find the intense feelings on both sides interesting
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)