AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Enlisting in the military....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 11/20/2012 07:00 (#2707142 - in reply to #2706746)
Subject: Re: Enlisting in the military....

West Union, Illinois

loran - ...and learned of FAFSA
You will grow to despise that acronym.  One of the high spots you will want to write on the wall is when the last kid graduates college, just so you don't have to fill out any more FAFSA forms.

I can't offer any direct advice on the topic, just observations of what others have gone through.  If she is interested in the service then she should take full advantage of what is available.  But if it is just a way to finance an education I would advise against it unless there is absolutely no way without it.

I have a young friend who plans to go into the Air Force.  He graduated High School last year and has kind of kicked around since then.  Has a part time job flipping hamburgers, helps his dad with some construction, loves driving a tractor and has done most of our fall tillage, but what he really wants is to be a pilot in the Air Force. I told him to go for it.  But if he had said "Well, I want to go to college but I'm having trouble paying for it and the Air Force will pay for it" I'd have strongly suggested he reconsider.

So that is what I would tell your daughter. If the military is what she wants to do, jump in feet first and go for it.  But if she really wants to be a doctor and is just looking at the military as a way of financing it I would strongly suggested she reconsider all her options.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)