AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Enlisting in the military....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmgirl
Posted 11/20/2012 07:20 (#2707167 - in reply to #2706571)
Subject: Re: Enlisting in the military....

SEIL
Loran I have not read all of the responses but this is my two cents worth. Our daughter started her family practice August 1st so is a recent student of medicine. It matters not your undergraduate degree, most accepted to medical school are either music or psyche majors according to the Dean of the School of Honors at Pitt' they are looking for well rounded individuals. It also doesn't hurt to be politically involved, he told us, but we are not and she was accepted anyway!! Undergrad she was awarded an academic scholarship and for medical school was awarded a scholarship through the Illinois Dept. of Health that paid for her schooling; she owes one year for every year paid to work in an underserved area of Illinois. So my point is that there are ways of getting help with the cost of an education other than the military NOT that the military is bad! Also, have a nephews wife finishing her residency and has negotiated a job that is going to pay her debt, so if being a physician is her goal and she will stick with it and can bear the thought of debt, she will be ok.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)