AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best be paying attention to E -RBOB spread
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 7/10/2012 15:20 (#2477705 - in reply to #2477654)
Subject: Pretty good supply of etoh in storage..?!?

I appreciate the dialouge also.  We appear to have a decent supply of etoh according to EIA.. near all time highs...

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=W_EPOOXE_SAE_NUS_MBBL&f=W

20.3 million bbls.. vs useage of something on the order of.. ??  880 k bbls per day of useage..

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=W_EPOOXE_YOP_NUS_MBBLD&f=W

hmm.. okay so that's only about 23 days of supply.  Am I reading this correctly..???

Hey Ray, Dodge City had wheat cheaper than corn last night in the cash market.. granted a feeder can only substitute so much.. but still there's a little wiggle room left.. and they got a decent rain night before last out there.. upwards of 2" in spots.. (might make some dryland sorghum..??)  not as much here.. but better than nothing.  I'm hearing rumblings that some of the 2012 droughty area's are gonna go right back with wheat.. ("The OTHER feedgrain"  HA!!) similar to what we did last year..Southern Ill.. Indiana and Mizzouland.. if 2012 Corn crop is burnt up and coming off early.. that could work.. it would be a way of reaching down for all that excess fertility..I've been told that wheat roots will go down about 2 to 3 times what corn roots will.. and be a good double cropping medium to plant beanies back into next summer.. It would be that many MORE bushels to hold things until the fall 2013 Corn crop came off...???      

Other concern is that as you start chopping down etoh grind.. we lose the DDG's.. 30% of what goes in comes out the back side as feed..  Losing feed that works with alternatives in order to save feed.

Also given the pattern.. might diversify some acres if this nasty pattern is slow to move along.. similar to what Mark Wright has been talking about.. and golly going into year 2 of the pattern for here.. not going to argue much with what he's saying.

Can we grind Wheat into etoh?  They do it in Europe.. cheaper by the cwt NO DOUBT!!

Thanks Insider and Ray and others.. We're doing all we can to bring ya guys the bushels.. EVERY DAY!!  Just need a little help.. from Mother Nature..         

Edited by JonSCKs 7/10/2012 15:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)