AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fuel Containment .....again.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 2/24/2011 01:05 (#1632532 - in reply to #1632512)
Subject: RE: What constitutes a different site?

NE SD

Like I said, it will be up to the discretion of whoever drops into your place, but many times, if you have a place across the road, or your farm sits on two different tracts of land (quarters or sections) you can get by with it as long as there is a decent amount of distance between them. I wouldn't try to push the envelope too far, but one example was made that a guy farms with his brother and son. He and his son live on one side of the road but their farm yards actually are on different quarters of land. The brother lives across the road. They could actually put a 1,000 gallon tank in each of their yards and store different fuels in them and get by without falling under the SPCC rules. This is one of those gray areas where you can get by with a certain amount as long as you don't push it too far.

I wouldn't try to put them 100' apart and make it work, but if you have a decent amount of distance, it can be done. The multiple residence part will be a big factor.

Most people in our area have a 5,000+ tank for farm fuel so they are all pretty much subject to it. With the way fuel is going right now, I sure wish we had enough in the tanks to go a whole season. Definitely something to consider after fuel prices rocketing the second time.

Edited by Chad H 2/24/2011 01:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)