AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fuel Containment .....again.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 2/23/2011 00:36 (#1630404 - in reply to #1630310)
Subject: Thanks...and a couple things.

NE SD

Thanks guys. As you can tell I had a lot of notes to decipher. A couple things I forgot to mention.

If you are a Tier II facility, like a lot of farms now days, you have to have your plan and containment designed/approved by a certified engineer. If I recall, there's only like 3 guys in the Dakotas that do that work, so if you're going to be doing something, don't wait until October to do it. The guy we were going over this with was from Dakota Environmental Group out of Huron.

Also, if you have a tank with a bottom port, which most vertical tanks are, you will need an internal emergency valve installed in it. Basically what it consists of is a spring loaded valve that is held open by a lead link. That way if you have fuel in the bottom of your containment that starts on fire or whatever Lord knows may happen, it melts the lead link and the valve slams shut.

Finally, you will mount your pumps up on the wall of the containment. I think, but don't hold me to this, that you are supposed to use metal pipe and metal flex tubing to run the product from the tank to the pump.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)