AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jd iguide
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

IACSR
Posted 4/26/2007 08:50 (#142682 - in reply to #142572)
Subject: Re: jd iguide

Well, there's a few things that need to be brought to the table in this conversation. We too were on the list for iGuide this spring. And so far the basic perception that everyone has is correct. iGuide is a passive guidance system, where as the Orthman unit is active. The orthman system works fine, but there are a few concerns for most producers. Number one, cost. Number two, what if I need it on more than one implement. Expensive to have two, difficult to move from machine to machine. iGuide is just a bracket, reciever, cable, and most importantly, software.
My real concern is why you paid in advance for test equipment. We're testing several AMS products right now, and to my knowledge we've never charged ahead. As far as I know, iGuide isn't even priced yet.

Second, to the SF1, SF2, RTK debate. SF1 is a low cost and effective choice for some situations. 90 percent of the sprayers that leave our dealership go out with SF1 AutoTrac. I've seen a big increase in the accurace of SF1 and SF2 this year. Most SF1's are running in that 5-8 inch accuaracy range ( with sevaral periods under that 4 inch mark) and SF2 has been consistently in the 2-3 inch range. I can tell you that SF1 has no challenges keeping a 4930 sprayer on track as fast as 3rd gear will go. If you've ever been in the seat with a good applicator, you know that's moving more than 8 to 10 MPH. RTK is nice and it has it's place. In my honest opinion though, and this is just my opinion, if you don't have integrated autotrac (i.e. if you have an ATU or EZ-Steer) you're wasting your money on RTK. Also, until we work out implement guidance completely, if you aren't in rather level ground, it's not worth it for now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)