AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jd iguide
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bjhalbur
Posted 4/25/2007 23:53 (#142550 - in reply to #142482)
Subject: Re: jd iguide

(WCIA) Glidden, IA
iguide is an implement mounted starfire receiver that "talks" to your autotrack system and informs it how much the towed implement drifts from your tractors path. It supposedly will increase your pass to pass accuracy due to the ability to know the implement's slide from the true track and allows the tractor to compensate to keep the towed vechicle on the correct spacing. Trimble has released a similiar system. I am not really familiar with this company due to my current business with JD.

I only run a-b lines and will experience some normal gps (due to sf2)drift that is easily cleared up with shift track. My biggest thought on the lack of accuracy is due to the narrow paramaters that I require and wonder if it is even attainable with the size of the vechiles that I use. I don't feel that the computer can correct fast enough to compensate the vechicle's terrain roll as well as it's own "slosh or whip" for lack of a better word.

Picture this- 30" corn row with a 18.4x50 tire. The corn may be 12" tall.
You must also give 3" per side due to the corn leaves to prevent damage.

30"-6"-19"=5" total or 2.5" per side of the tire(theoretical) at 8.5-9 mph.

Or

30" corn row with a 14.9" tire (4920 sprayer, 120' boom)

30"-6"-15"=9" total or 4.5" per side. In this case step up the speed to let's say 12-14 mph. This just doesn't get close unless on firm ground and perfectly flat and it still must be watched closely.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)