AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

jd iguide
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

IACSR
Posted 4/26/2007 13:57 (#142858 - in reply to #142826)
Subject: Re: jd iguide

Bluffman,
You make good points. I have not moved one from machine to machine, but I have been present for the installation of an Orthman system and I can tell you that it is much more involved than the iGuide setup. That's not to say that moving from machine to machine is difficult, but if you just look strictly at the logistics of moving an iGuide system compared to a set of hydraulicly controlled coulters, you can obviously see that the latter is much more involved. Second, I agree that the comparison of price on an active vs. passive system is different, but in the end, the desired effect is the same, therefore cost will most likely be a motivating factor for most customers. I think that you have the impression that I am calling someone's baby ugly when I talk of the Orthman kit, and I am not doing so at all, rather stating my personal views on the two system. In all honesty, I don't think either system is actually hitting the nail on the head, but both are better than nothing at all.

Also, in response to SF1 vs SF2....SF1 CANNOT follow rows after planting. In all honesty, SF2 and even RTK may be a challenge. The sprayer drives totally different than the tractor and planter. All I am saying is that pass to pass accuracy has improved considerably. I actually believe that if a customer didnt' mind constantly babysitting the system, planting on SF1 would be possible, just more challenging than it should be for an autotrac system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)