AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Snow pushing.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 1/22/2010 00:55 (#1035117 - in reply to #1033329)
Subject: Re: Snow pushing.

A few years ago I was coming home from work. The county seemed slow in getting the roads cleared since winter started and didn't seem to worry about the drifting. The was a few inches of snow on the road I live on and it was there since the night before. I thought the plows would have had it cleared by night, but they didn't. Driving down the road, I almost hit the ditch because someone plowed out his driveway, pushing the snow across the road into the ditch, but never cleaned up the foot high ridges. The next morning I was surprised to see the road had not been plowed yet. I went down the road to work, and before I got to where the ridges were, I saw a plow truck with his blade up not plowing. Further down the road, a little pickup hit the ridges and hit a school bus head on. Nobody was hurt, and it looked like it had been a short while since it happened. Anyway, just beyond the wreck was another plow truck turning onto the same road I was on...with his blade up.

When I got further down the road to where I turn, a third plow truck was coming at me going towards the wreck....with it's blade up. Three county plow trucks within 2 miles of each other, none of them with the blades down. I called the highway department when I got to work and got excuses, but the roads have been kept pretty clear since then.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)