AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you use starter fertilizer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 12/13/2009 06:54 (#963475 - in reply to #963201)
Subject: RE: cardinal farm, You make my point well

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !
There IS NO Doubt that Dry banding Is a cost efficient method for applying, purchasing Nutrients ! But most would not consider your method as starter in a traditional manner ! Nor do I !

ROW, Liquid POP Up, seed applied POO POO JUICE and 2By2 or 4by4 is the traditional method referd to as Starter !

Now as soon as you go from purchasing nutrients in the Dry form, verses Liquid ? You can and do Pay a premium !

I think when the term Starter is thrown out 1,000 farmers will have a differing opinion as to what that term refers to !

Based on what they do? or have done, or whom is selling, promoting what product and application method in their specific area !

I will stand By My previous statement
ONLY THE NITROGEN In the row, 2by2 or 4by4 will give you a return on your investment in the given year of application!
and also can give you visual satisfaction !
IF You need P and OR K ? " Band " like cardinal farmer or Broadcast DRY for efficient results !!! Feeding the soil root zone area !
Yes, the p will be there next year somewhat ? But what a Price to Pay ???
Manufacturers LOVE, and KNOW that by Adding P to the N they can SPIN a story about Readily available P and Maybe Micros in God knows what all forms to give you 20 Bu. ???? more corn ???? or whatever the spin is !!! Now the Mark up on most, specialty POP UP Row products is Astronomical to say the least.
How many Research plots do you see provided for you each season with only N applied? Verses only P applied ? in row?
Few to NONE

And the Real story is, NO One wants to FUND this research !
Now this is my personal opinion and Only that based on observations in the Midwest the past 35 some years !
But I can see many Posters on this forum will confirm in some " form " My observations !

Edited by soil-life 12/13/2009 07:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)