AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whos Precision Farming System is most user friendly?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 12/10/2006 21:43 (#72089 - in reply to #72067)
Subject: Re: Whos Precision Farming System is most user friendly?

roaming
Out of line? I'm not sure how. As I said, if Ag Leader has what they need, then they either haven't had time to incorporate support for the Agco file format, or they've decided it's not worth the investment. In other words, they may not feel that the Agco market share is great enough among SMS users or potential users to warrant investing the effort into making SMS GTA-compatible. I don't know if that's the case, as I don't work for them. I'm just speculating based on the fact that they've so far not opted to add Fieldstar compatibility. They have to make a business decision, and if the percentage of Agco-iron-owning SMS users isn't significant, then I can't blame them for not making GTA compatibility a high priority. Maybe it will come in v7.

You're right about Apex, Ted; sorry about that. I wasn't thinking of MapShots. I wasn't intending to glorify Apex at all - quite the opposite. I was trying to point out that Deere's own desktop software has a hard time fully supporting their GS2 format, from what I've heard and read here and elsewhere. I haven't worked with the GS2 file format or Apex at all, so I don't know whether the problems are caused by a flakey file format or poorly written software. Regardless, when I went back and read what I wrote, I see that I wasn't very clear at all, and I appreciate your correction.

Ted, will ISO110783 compatibility affect a manufacturer's file format? In other words, are there multiple ways to record data in an ISO-compatible structure, or will ISO compatibility require an "open-source" file format that can be read and written by anyone?

Edited by torn 12/10/2006 21:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)