AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whos Precision Farming System is most user friendly?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mwilliams
Posted 12/10/2006 17:39 (#71977 - in reply to #71864)
Subject: Re: Whos Precision Farming System is most user friendly?

Saranac, Michigan
Some observations:
1. When I was a kid I thought the ultimate tractor was a John Deere two cylinder with a hand clutch, PowerTrol, power steering, and a padded seat, no 3pt., no cab, no shift on the go, and no computers. Am I ready to go back to that more "user freindly" tractor? The answer would be an emphatic NO
2. Sometimes "user friendly" translates to no options. Are any of you that use spreadsheet programs ready to go back to basic programs of the 80's For me at least, that would be another NO
3. Precision systems should be fully and directly supported. If they aren't, they will not improve at an acceptable rate. If the customer has paid for a system that is cutting edge and was told he would be supported, he should be able to count on that. If the system designers do not understand the issues, how will they fix them?

I know that this does not speak directly to the posed question but after reading many posts about the support issue, it should be noted that this is as much part of the system as the hardware and the software.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)