AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whos Precision Farming System is most user friendly?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

green'lldo
Posted 12/12/2006 07:36 (#72683 - in reply to #72334)
Subject: Re: Whos Precision Farming System is most user friendly?

We use GS2 exclusively & had trialed other products, we had head aches with the ATU system at first but that was more to do with learning to tune it I think. Our integrated systems have not had any significant (non operator created) troubles & I have never noticed signal drift on RTK. Certain operations we perform require me to follow the tillage path of an oppositions machine & they are running similar model machine but run trimble systems, I have never once had to shift the A/B line to stay on track. All day their center mark travels straight under the bonnet pointer. We have also had another different oppositions planting ground we have marked out, they also use trimble on a similar model machine & they also said all day, day in day out the marks were bang on (for what its worth they are currently in the middle of converting to GS2). We have also of course had to follow our own machines tillage work, found it quite simple to swap memory cards to another machine for this purpose & again it was bang on day in day out even though there were weeks in some instances between passes. In the not to distant future will be able to coment on annual pass accuracy.

IMO what ever that's worth, the accuracy between these 2 systems is indistinguishable, at this point in time I have not had the opportunity to run a trimble system myself to coment on user friendliness etc as a comparison.

The support line has been very effective & efficient at resolving any issues we had.

This post is of limited use to the original posters question, but just thought some positive GS2 experiences might be worth a mention about now.

As for apex, I'm not going to coment on that till I have a firm grasp of it, & at this point I have not used an opposition desk top software to compare it to either.

Edited by green'lldo 12/12/2006 07:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)