AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whos Precision Farming System is most user friendly?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ndarbuckle
Posted 12/11/2006 15:10 (#72334 - in reply to #71613)
Subject: RE: Whos Precision Farming System is most user friendly?

I have a GS2 system and have had no trouble at all. Have used it for yeild mapping and autosteer on 9760 and think it is great. The yeild portion was withing 1 bu/ac on what our scale tickets verified. It is all about patients and calibration. Calibration is the most important factor, I think if we had a graincart with a scale we would be set, and could probably really get accurate.
I just installed the ATU in Buhler 435, the install was very extensive as I install the greenstar harness permanently, but one that was installed I plugged in the globe, GS2 and ATU, powered it up, the displayed found everything. Took it out to the field and set a line hit engaged, and watch as the Buhler made a perfect line down the field. I had to play with the setting a little bit.
I have the 8100 at the JD shop right now getting the valve and GS2 wiring harness added to it. I am looking forward to trying that also. I will also be running the Rate controller with my Summers Pull type sprayer this year, that software will be out in January. I ordered my sprayer last year with 7 boom sections so I am also planning on using swath controll pro.
I like the Apex software myself, but it is the only software like that I have used. It is slow at sometimes, but for the most part I think it is pretty good. Keep in mind there is a realatively large amount of data it has to process to make the maps. I can only guess at home yeild points it takes on 160 of land.
So I guess this is apretty good examply of using one platform across different machines. I think it is a very good way to get autosteer in different platforms. We have great dealer support and the GRNSTAR hotline is great. I would do it again in aminute, probably wouldnt think twice about it.

I forgot to add that the GS2 to is really simple. I have our 70 year old combine guy using it. And my dad uses it also. He thinks it is so easy compared to the other sytems we have had which include a EZ steer guideance system and a Midtech.
By the way the Midtech is sold and the EZ steer will be up for sale after this spring.

Edited by ndarbuckle 12/11/2006 15:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)