AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What happens when energy independence is reached???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Headland
Posted 11/24/2022 08:23 (#9947457 - in reply to #9946172)
Subject: RE: What happens when energy independence is reached???

Malta, Illinois
Interesting points. As someone who is currently thinking about solar it gives me some more to think about. I can't speak for others but I am not looking for something to takeover 100% of my electric needs. It would likely be something more on the order of 50% to 60% of my needs. The most important part would be the ability to generate a least some electricity in the event commercial electricity becomes hare to come by during certain peak conditions. Currently, I don't think there is any big danger of enough people going solar to run the electric companies out of business. With the current cost of solar systems it requires a large initial outlay of cash even though much of it comes back later in the form of tax credits and rebates. There aren't a lot of households who have the ability to lay out $30,000 to $50,000 for a solar system. Especially when they feel the need to keep $140,000 worth of vehicles in the driveway. I suppose the companies that sell solar systems will offer financing of some sort which will likely be something similar to what the mob would charge. This bigger risk is if the government decides to pitch in even more and start providing solar systems free of charge to anyone under a carton income level. With the current regime it wouldn't surprise me. THAT would put a hurt on electric providers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)