AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What happens when energy independence is reached???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bsfarms
Posted 11/23/2022 18:49 (#9946669 - in reply to #9946172)
Subject: RE: What happens when energy independence is reached???

south central WI
You seem like you want to argue instead of read and try to figure out what someone is saying, so I'll keep this brief and only post once (hopefully).

I think we need alternative energy, not to save the planet but to keep us powered. New coal and nuclear plants are almost impossible to build, hydroelectric is probably impossible. There are too many NIMBY people, and took many green energy people now. Solar and wind electricity are needed to supply the future deficit we will probably see. Everyone is using more electricity. Bigger houses, more tv's, electric cars, etc. It's not perfect, but it's better than having to shut off my air conditioning or irrigation pivot.

If the whole system ends up being mostly green, then the coops will also be saving on coal, employee cost, maintenance on boilers, etc. They will probably have to keep costs in check because if I have my own power supply and they charge too much, I'll just disconnect from the system.

Also, you should form better arguments. If you have to throw out the insult of liberal or Democrat etc, you've already lost your sway with me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)