AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Folks, I am going to lay it on the line.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

proud2Bafarmer
Posted 10/7/2012 23:22 (#2629446 - in reply to #2629402)
Subject: Wantin' aint gettin'

Baldwin City, KS
Yes in many businesses, giving the customer what they want is the name of the game. I'd say when it comes to food, however, most people don't know what they want, because they don't even have a clue as to how it's produced. WE have to give them what they NEED! A safe, abundant food supply. We're feeding more than one nation here folks, not just a handful of people that can afford to buy freezer beef. I don't promote the idea of freezer beef to others and here's why. If I try to tell them how awesome and so much better that one I sold them to put in their freezer is, then just how do I explain the other 100+ calves that went to a feedlot? We have to promote an industry, as a whole, here to the entire population, not just some niche markets to a select few that have the means to afford them.

Yes, we need to police ourselves and stay in check with what it takes to provide a safe product. BUT, I don't feel it appropriate for the niche market folks to do it at the expense of the rest of the industry. It's great what you guys do and I'm glad you enjoy it, but you know danged well that the masses can't be fed in that manner. I love what I do to and am proud to do it. It's a finely tuned science to continually do more with less using modern technology and production methods. Quit using mainstream production ag as a launchpad for your agenda's and let's get back to the business of feeding people. That's what they need and want. Food!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)