AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help with employee time off strategy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rober710
Posted 3/10/2019 13:54 (#7371570)
Subject: Need help with employee time off strategy

SC MN
I'm looking for ideas on how to revise an employee time off strategy. I have a farrow-to-finish hog and crop farm. I only have a couple of employees, that are supposed to be there M-F, 6:30-3. I take care of weekend work, since weekends are sacred to most. In my region, it is extremely difficult to attract employees to work with us-even paying well above "town" competition.

The problem is right now, I'm getting A LOT of unscheduled absences/lateness. I do not have a problem with say, 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) a year-so long as it is scheduled ahead of time. I also do not want employees coming to work if they are legitimately very sick with a communicable illness.

So, basically, I want to find a way to incentivize showing up to work on time when scheduled. Right now, I think they just feel that since there is no incentive/penalty to not being there (other than getting fired, which they know the labor market so...) they don't need to plan ahead or really make showing up to work a priority.

Any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)