AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When the dicamba controversy settles out...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 7/21/2017 17:54 (#6140724)
Subject: When the dicamba controversy settles out...

Leesburg, Ohio
I know there are legitimate claims being made, and I do not say any should be ignored.

But everyone with an opinion to express or an axe to grind is now piling on, making it look like the whole world is coming to an end. People are absolutely losing their minds over this. We will figure it out, and legitimate claims should be resolved.

When this all shakes out over the next few months, and actual results are tallied up by state departments of ag, I think we will find out several things:
1) some of the damage is drift from products other than dicamba.
2) some of the damage is drift from generic dicamba/banvel used on Xtend beans off-label
3) some of the damage is from flat-out not following the label directions regarding wind, buffers, nozzles, using an AMS product (not allowed ever with the new forms), or not using the proper drift control agent.
4) some of the damage actually turns out to be no yield reduction.
5) some of the damage is actually AS CLAIMED, but fewer cases than some claims now being made.

Think about where all this could leave us, folks, before screaming too loudly.
I just hope we don't throw the baby out with the bath water here, and end up with un-intended consequences of losing more production tools out of our somewhat limited tool box than we ever intended.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)