AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Economy Car experiences
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jcs
Posted 6/29/2006 08:57 (#22747)
Subject: Economy Car experiences

Oklahoma
Currently driving just under 150 miles/day average for work with a 97 chevy lumina. We bought the car used and it now is at 208K. It still gets me around and is in decent shape mechanically. I have planned on driving it til the wheels fall off but the wife is interested in buying a new car and replacing it. After my collision with a deer and several other close calls I am not ready to jump off and buy a new one but I know the time is coming that I will have to. I would like to be over 32 mpg and the more room the better as I am 6'3". As a plus it would have a backseat for kids so I can haul them around as needed.

So what are some good cars out there. The local chevy dealer is very good but I have become dissappointed with GM in general as to how little things hold up (7 GM vehicles in my family and the wifes family, every one has at least one broken door handle and one window that won't work). Several friends and my brother all switched and are driving Honda Civics and seem to like them until they need to go to the shop ($$$). My inlaws have a toyota Corolla and it is the same, really nice until it goes to the shop. All the toyota and honda dealers seem to be in big cities and they seem to be pricey when they go to the shop. GM and Fords have a local dealer or the local service station will work on them if its not too big of job.

Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated.

Edited by jcs 6/29/2006 08:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)