AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Economy Car experiences
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 6/30/2006 00:58 (#22964 - in reply to #22884)
Subject: Re: Economy Car experiences

Brazilton KS

Our's were a little longer ago then that...they were 3.1's.  The second one had a bout right after we bought it (used...they had about 100k when we got them)  where the transmission would not stay in OD but replacing some sensor corrected it.  It had done it again a couple times the summer before we got rid of it.  Once temps dropped back off in the fall it was fine through the winter.  Don't know what happened after it left, but I'm pretty sure it is still on the road.  Lady bought it to drive to work, about 10 miles per day.....from my experience I'd guess she hasn't ever found the problem with the trans which I warned her about because it only showed up after driving 50-100 miles at once in hot weather.  Running in direct instead of OD cost about 6-7 mpg from 30-31 down to 24 or so.  Since it only did it after consderable driving the cost was probably quite a bit more the time when it was actually in 3rd.  The mechanic who diagnosed and replaced the sensor indicated it was a common problem and may or may not be a permanent fix. 

The Celebrity decided to lock the clutch on the lockup converter when it shouldn't have...a 2.5 4 cyl is not very easy to drive with a powershift and no way to release the clutch.  Electrical in nature, as the car was in the 200k range at the time we simply unhooked the wire to the clutch and left it in converter mode all the time.  That was a tough car...brother bought it and it survived surprisingly long in the hands of his stepkids.  Actually still ran when he sold it, in spite of several severe overheatings.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)