AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmland Taxes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

NE Ridger
Posted 10/12/2018 10:44 (#7042483 - in reply to #7042420)
Subject: RE: Farmland Taxes

EC Nebraska
Suey - 10/12/2018 10:01

Also from ILL.   just did some quick calculations.    Ours went from  $13/acre to almost  $50/acre.... only did farm ground.     The expensive stuff is high valued ground too.     I don't particularly like higher taxes either.   But,   How do you want the  people educated that are going to be responsible for taking care of you in your old age?  Do you want teachers to be some of the lower paid professionals in your county?    If we have local RE taxes  then we get more say in what goes on in our local district.   I have been a school board member  I know what some of those state mandates are,  they aren't cheap.   Many times we voted  5-4 on some state mandates.   Either vote yes  or the state will pull state funding..    When I was on the board  our local taxes provided  64% of our funding.    I believe it is still very close to that today, in the district we live in.

So you know that the idea of local control is a joke. You're gonna vote in whatever comes down from the state anyway. Or the local town votes in a new sports complex because it's only gonna cost $50/house anyway.

I pay $45-60/acre on bare dirt with no improvements, and I'm in a lower tax rate district. This is a picture of my $45/acre ground, from about a month ago. It would take 4WD to get there today, it's been raining for a week and the gravel roads are soup. I don't think you could get a semi down them today.

(IMG_0581[1] (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0581[1] (full).JPG (178KB - 64 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)