AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When did the American Farmer become an entitled "welfare mom"?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

motherlover
Posted 9/19/2018 13:10 (#6996930 - in reply to #6996887)
Subject: RE: When did the American Farmer become an entitled "welfare mom"?

NE IA
It absolutely is our choice to receive payments. That debate could go on forever. The reality is, my intentions are to pay bills and put food on the table and these days seems like it takes everything we can get to do that. From my perspective, you give a farmer a dollar and they will more than likely spend two. Therefore pumping cash back into the economy. We are generally responsible and mindful business operators that use any such funding in a positive fashion. It is unfortunate there may be view shift occurring, and all I can say to those outside viewers is that if you don't know, then you just don't know. Anybody that I see going to Arizona is 65-70+, semi-retired and earned it. Hope that can be me some day if I so choose. I have no problem with your questions, you just came off a little raw, especially given you audience. If you used to work on a dairy, then you should get it, to some degree. As for certain responses, we do get opportunities to tell our story, and would hope we can maintain a level of reserve and professionalism in going about that when possible.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)