AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When did the American Farmer become an entitled "welfare mom"?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

happyfarmer
Posted 9/19/2018 12:07 (#6996806 - in reply to #6996757)
Subject: I will have a go at your question......

Casey Iowa
Forewarning.....my English isn’t very good......

I’m on the side of get gvt out of pretty much everything......so I prolly won’t be explaining to you why a farmer growing soybeans that are caught in the tariff trade dispute crossfire should receive a market subsidy.......at the same time I will say that the loss in the soybean market is a very tiny percentage vs the gain that the Stock Market has had.......so my thinking is that many farmers actually work fairly hard to produce commodities that our communities and country can purchase to feed themselves and fuel their cars and other things Im missing.......where as these soccer moms on welfare that you mentioned prolly don’t produce anything at all and only complain......sure there are quite a few farmers that are on the high end of the whining spectrum as well......I would guess the bulk of us farmers just kinda enjoy working hard and trying to do a good job of producing a good product................

I really don’t know all of the reasons for or against the trade dispute.......but I’m going to put a little faith in the guy in charge right now that he really has good intentions for the people of the United States of America. I also don’t believe he necessarily has bad intentions for any other country......I think he wants to see a fair playing field which is what we all want as well I believe.....

U mention Harbor Freight & Wal-Mart in your thread....I have shopped at both......but I would say that as I have got a little older and learned that many times a person is actually better off purchasing a little more expensive(but better built) product sometimes.....this doesn’t work for (every) purchase.....but there sure is a lot of cheap (crap) produced that actually costs a person more in the long run sometimes.......

I sincerely feel for u for losing your business from the effects of company’s moving or increasing production in other countries than the U.S.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)