AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

canada tariffs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 6/30/2018 18:25 (#6843066 - in reply to #6842429)
Subject: RE: canada tariffs

Nw Iowa
Kerber, I can agree with the fact that we are taking on too many fronts at one time. But it is not as easy as it seems as some of the agreements have to be renewed and trump is only guaranteed majority in the senate and house until Dec. As I said I don't agree with everything the man does and would also agree outcome is far from certain. We are in as good of position as ever to do something though as China's people are getting used to more protein in their diet and China now is starting to get concerned with their environment which means government is in tuned more with their people than ever before and they are changing some of their production of food to other parts of the country which is increasing their transportation costs internally. Their middle class is growing and even though government is firmly in control they have witnessed the Arab spring. The internet is changing a lot of things.
We cannot slowly sell out to China as far as trade deficit goes as sooner or later all mfg ends up in China. (Hard to fight a war when your enemy is making your equipment.) Also intellectual property is other big issue as we cannot spend millions to develop a product only to have it stolen. Nobody can compete with that. As far as his indiscretions, very disappointing but don't think he holds a candle to Clinton or JFK. I am not as pro Trump as I am anti Obama. My opinion is that he gave away billions to Iran, messed with my healthcare, was pro Muslim, anti Christian, pro gay, anti small business man. Some of the environmental agency's went off the deep end under him. His unemployment numbers went down but the people who were unemployed but not looking for work anymore went up during his administration which would skew unemployment numbers. We are even more of a welfare state than we were before. I don't think he had a clue about any financial matters at all. He drew lines in the sand with foreign country's than backwatered. I personally think if Hillary had been elected 10 years ago country would be in better shape than under obama. By the time of last election she had sold her self out so much to the left that she left her base. (Not saying I would have voted for her the first time but a much different Clinton than 8 years earlier) It also looks like when all of the smoke clears on this Trump-Russia thing that the democrats were just as deep as everybody else. The media loved him but was poison for our country. I will pick Trump over a Bernie Sanders or the liberal Hillary of last election.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)