AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

canada tariffs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

redoak
Posted 6/29/2018 21:07 (#6841620 - in reply to #6841527)
Subject: RE: canada tariffs

sw ontario
fhb - 6/29/2018 21:25

Wow..That makes no sense at all. So why can’t dairy and feather compete in the world market like almost every other major farm industry...because that’s what your basically saying is that they can’t compete. Let the Canadian tax payer pay their fat subsidy. Compare what Ontario corn and soybean farmers produce vs the US. It miniscule yet we’ve managed to survive.its time for supply management to go. Europe did away with it. Australia and New Zealand went some time ago. Canada’s the last holdout but no political party wants to upset a couple thousand farmers. I don’t get it.

PS. You’ve also insulted a lot of public servants with that comment.

Firstly --what kind of insult too public servants? Our municipality the girl at desk gets $27 hr. + benfits+ pension , Girl at desk were I pay my farm insurance gets $14 hr. ....so if SM is wrong and quotas were abolished then the girl at insurance company maybe should have opportunity to work at town hall as she might do it for $20 hr. + 1/2 the benefits...check out NZ and A -not going great....SM means they get and need no ad hoc gov't payments ,no RMP or agri stability or bail outs and buyouts ---- Is RFS mandates for ethanol free mkt. ? Being a hog & grain guy I know its hard too compete against SM feather & dairy and I also know that it seems like every 2-3 yrs. gov't has too bail out us other guys.....Consumers extra cost for milk,eggs,poultry is minimal..... Look to the US for what has happened in there dairy & feather .....fwiw the last 10 yrs. have been the most profitable long term run in grains......you know if they pull SM the gov't will have too pay them for there quota at mkt. value
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)