AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Health ins???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 12/8/2015 09:54 (#4946602 - in reply to #4946572)
Subject: RE: Health ins???

Christian's join. When you join you have to agree to not use tobacco, drugs and there is something in there about alcohol although I don't remember what it is (no big deal to me because I consume none of the above, ever).

You have to have a pastor of a church sign off for you before you are accepted. The pastor is basically vouching that you are a Christian (or at least act like a Christian is supposed to act, pretty tough for anyone other than God to truly judge that).

The concept is that as a whole, Christians are going to have lower health costs than the rest of the population because they will not partake in some of the more risky behaviors, and because as a group, we are praying for one another in their recovery process.

It does comply with the current law allowing you to be exempt from participating in health insurance.

I believe pre-existing problems (I know diabetes) prevents you from getting in. I would imagine cancer would be the same way but I don't know.

Anything I don't know is spelled out in the guidelines. It is written in plain language and can be read and understood in a couple of hours. It's only maybe 30-40 pages long and it's not in fine print, just normal paragraphs of readable language.

The guidelines are available to be downloaded on the Samaritan Ministries website.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)