AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Health ins???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 12/7/2015 06:59 (#4944196 - in reply to #4944055)
Subject: RE: Health ins???

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
lawfarms - 12/6/2015 22:42

What happens when too many members get sick or have cancer at the same time??

I've heard this concern before about these sharing ministries, but really, is that likely at all? That is like saying what happens if too many people's houses across the country burn down at the same time, and Statefarm can't pay?

On the negotiating part, the plan we are with they have a high deductible (which I also had with BCBS) but they also have a membership card thing, that many Dr.s and offices have pre-negotiated on the price. You just show your card, they file the bill through them. The members share the cost, what they won't cover you get a bill for. It works exactly like insurance in the way it is billed and the way the medical offices deal with it.

The one we use is Medi-share. I'm fully aware of all the "risks" but as many members they have the risks are low on them not being able to pay. And if they ever come up short, they pro-rate everybody's expenses and pay what they can. Nobody will be left holding the whole bag. Then the next year they will either increase the monthly share portion which all the members vote on, or they will continue to just pay what they can.

I'm glad to know there is no profit being made by them, and a much smaller portion of my monthly fees goes to administration.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)