AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Health ins???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

LTex
Posted 12/7/2015 16:14 (#4945002 - in reply to #4944718)
Subject: RE: Health ins???

West Texas
After reading the back of the card I too am curious how that would work if you had a huge bill. I know a family that has a 7 year old with cancer they have been thru every treatment imaginable to no avail. I would not be surprised over the 3 to 4 years of treatment there were millions of dollars spent on that one kid. (He basically lives in the hospital weeks and months at a time) If you pay $400 per month think of how many families it takes to support that one child. Simple math says it takes 208 families per year paying in to take care of that one kid neglecting the cost of the other families and just saying the cost is 1 million per year it could be more. Docs have said it is terminal for that kid but insurance keeps paying for radiation treatments to prolong his life I wonder if a share group could do the same.

Something I have thought about a lot when I think of these share plans like Samaritan. It is a very sad situation that would only be worse if the family had to worry about cost. I am not a fan of insurance companies but there is a place for everything. I know insurance companies carry insurance in case of a default don't think share groups do that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)