AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic shown to be a hoax
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 7/31/2015 18:51 (#4710009 - in reply to #4709901)
Subject: RE: Link is to an Opinion Piece...

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
Mark in WCIowa - 7/31/2015 15:51

Keep spinning....

"I'm jealous of organic farmers in about the same way as I'm jealous of con artists that make a get rich going around and swindling old people out of their life's savings. IT LOOKS ABOUT THE SAME TO ME. Play on someone's fears, offer them some kind of phony solution, watch the money come pouring in, tell yourself people are spending their money that way because they want to. "

Sure sounds like you are saying that organics is the SAME as con artists and swindlers...note the CAPS

No need to spin, I firmly believe that some organic farmers and marketers are cons and swindlers. Go read Mike Shimek's little story below for another example. I was making a statement about how I feel about the industry. YOU are the one that made it about YOU. I did not say YOU were a con or swindler. (Caps added, because apparently you think that somehow helps with comprehension.). Nowhere in my first reply was the word YOU. I did use the word "yourself," but mostly because I'm not in the habit of using the word "oneself."

I still maintain that if you are so sure I was talking directly about you, then I may have hit the target a lot closer than even I intended.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)