AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic shown to be a hoax
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mark in WCIowa
Posted 7/30/2015 02:46 (#4707085 - in reply to #4707073)
Subject: RE: Link is to an Opinion Piece...

Scranton
The buffer strips SHOULD come from the organic producers ground...that seems to be the only fair way IMHO. As far as drift, I don't think anyone should be drifting their chemicals on the neighbors ground, no matter what the neighbors crop happens to be.

I agree that organic demand is based more on emotions than anything else....but that doesn't make the consumer wrong...they are allowed to demand what they want for whatever reason they want and pay whatever it takes to have someone fill that demand. GMO's are still the best thing to happen to organic demand....some consumers feel like GMO food was forced down their throats with little research when it came out....and they watched companies like Monsanto interchange employees with the USDA and then win court case after court case that said food can NOT be labeled for origin, or contents (gmo, growth hormone, etc)....they feel like they are pawns in some sort of corporate takeover of their food supply.

My whole point is that this is a consumer driven market....farmers making false claims against the chemical way of farming has very little to do with the overall demand.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)