AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic shown to be a hoax
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Doug W
Posted 7/29/2015 12:20 (#4705969 - in reply to #4705907)
Subject: Link is to an Opinion Piece...

Regina/ 14 miles South of Moose Jaw Saskatchewan
Think its important to point out that the Forbes article is an op-ed - not any particular study.

Spent 17 years as a certified organic dryland farm operator. The most controversial addition to our operation besides green manures, and our own seed was organic vinegar for some noxious weed control, and organic sugar as an attempt to manage grasshoppers.

Participated with many other organic farmers that I admired, and a few opportunistic ones that were looking at working the system - saw some of the opportunistic ones get caught and punished . Saw the same thing in conventional agriculture, where some conventional farmers would use the "I wouldn't feed this to my family - I won't sell it" attitude, and others that were a black mark on all farmers.

We never ran our neighbours down, or talked down their method of farming - for the most part neither did they of our farming choices.

Doesn't the free market encourage marketing choice? I agree that there are many on the "pro-organic" side that spout mis-information - I think you'll find these are seldom organic producers & given the chance I will argue with them all day that the North American food system (conventional or organic) is safe.

Bashing organic as a whole falls into the same camp of mis-information, and is equally as unfair.

Doug W.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)