AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

vertical tillage and equipment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad
Posted 8/12/2006 17:16 (#35078 - in reply to #35064)
Subject: RE: ?'s for Jim and Chad

NW Iowa
Sprout,
It sounds like we have some of the same goals in mind. What you are describing is exactly what we were hoping to do with the ground that we put hog manure on. Were hoping to be able to striptill in that same little berm area behind the manure injection system. We feel we can spread the manure out more even through out the field by some sort of conventional tillage. I feel vertical tillage would work in this case. My uncle has been doing that with good results.
I don't feel however that the pluribus wouldn't be the best from what we have done in the same situation. It does leave a little trench on one side of the unit, not bad but it does. We feel that's where the washing started. We feel that with our deitrich manure injectors it actually leaves a better seed bed. (Wish we could make a striptill unit out of those) We did some comparisions and it actually washed much less in the manure injection berm then the striptill berm. If we could drive straight enough with the manure tank we probaly would plant right into it in the spring.
I would like you to remember that every situation is different. What may work for us, may not work for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)