AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7200 no tilling beans, stalks causing problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 6/6/2015 22:10 (#4612518 - in reply to #4612466)
Subject: RE: 7200 no tilling beans, stalks causing problems

Morris, IL
I don't know what we are doing different, but i have run our 7200 over 400 and some acres of corn stalks and not lost one chain this year One year i had problems with the chains on the ground drive wheels coming off, next year i took link out and made sure all the keys were in correct direction and i've never lost one since. I think last year i had one row where chain on row unit moved half way off. I've put pieces of stalks into tires if that makes you feel any better.

We run a 643, in years past run just fluted rolls but never did crapy job, always made sure i got stalks down and out of the way. This year ran knife rolls but didn't seem to make much difference as far as getting stuff down and out of the way, it did chop of residue pretty good. We stalk chopped some for Strip till COC but again didn't seem to make much difference. But we never have stalks running up near there row units so maybe that is your problem. I would not chop, but consider getting your corn head up to par and run it as low as possible like second picture.

I don't think stompers would make any difference on drying out, but anything that chops residue and leaves it all on the surface will. We have some farms that had 2-3" of residue between the strips this spring. Gave those field a year in beans to help breakdown.

Edited by NEILFarmer 6/6/2015 22:18

(IMG_0146.jpg)

(IMG_1196.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0146.jpg (269KB - 70 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1196.jpg (443KB - 62 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)